For the first time this year, the Festival car parks will be opening at 9pm on the Tuesday night before the Festival. This is to enable Festival-goers to arrive away from the peak traffic times, thus easing congestion on the roads around the site. If you are thinking of coming on Tuesday night, we would urge you to read the following information:
– Between 12am and 5am on Wednesday morning is likely to be the quietest time to arrive (but please do not drive when you’re tired).
– Do not arrive too early in the car parks as it will be a long night sleeping in your car and the main site will NOT be open until 8am on Wednesday.
– There will be NO entertainment, food or facilities provided (apart from toilets) on Tuesday night. The expectation is that those arriving on Tuesday night will stay in their cars and take the chance to get some rest before the Festival gates open at 8am on Wednesday.
– If you are planning to arrive on Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning please bring enough food and water to see you through to when the gates open.
– If you choose to come and sleep in your car on the Tuesday night, you must be prepared to stay in your car, as due to the Festival’s traffic plan any exit from the site will be very difficult.
– There will no drop-off facilities or pedestrian access on Tuesday night. Nor will public transport services be running. And there will be no access for pedestrians between the car parks and campervan fields.
– Absolutely no camping will be allowed on Tuesday night.
– There will be no barbecues, fires or cooking allowed in the car parks.
– Please be considerate to other early arrivers and the Festival’s neighbours by keeping noise to a minimum and staying inside your car.
– There will be no baby changing facilities or other facilities for children, and we would strongly advise families with young children NOT to arrive on Tuesday night.
– Please use the bins provided for any rubbish.
If you don’t already have a car park ticket, they will be available on the gates, costing £20.