Press release: 21/07/2010 – For immediate release
Tickets on sale for urban action sports event Spiked X in the City
The day that everyone has been waiting for has arrived – you can now buy your tickets for Spiked X in the City, the innovative new urban action sports event taking place during half-term from 22-24 October 2010 at London’s weather proof ExCel.
Tickets can be bought in advance at discounted prices through the website www.xinthecity.co.uk . The recently revamped website also holds loads of info about the event in general, the philosophy and ethos behind it, the various action zones, competitions, things for you to get involved in, the ever-expanding talent list as well as details of the ambassadors and performers.
Grab the opportunity and get your hands on the hottest ticket in town. Prices for tickets bought in advance are £10 per ticket for youngsters and students and £15 for adults. Family and group tickets are available too. All tickets give access to the event action for the full 3 days so there are no excuses to miss out.
The event will focus around 8 main action areas including Ride & Roll, Freestyle, Water, Art of Combat, Rock & Roller, Snow, Parkour and Cage Cricket.
Alongside the demos and taster sessions Spiked X in the City will see over 100 exhibitors showcasing the latest in urban action sports equipment for everyone to check out, try and buy the latest kit, accessories and fashion.
To become a part of the action and feel the growing buzz join the X in the City Facebook group or keep checking the X in the City website www.xinthecity.co.uk .
The ticketing service is provided by the well-known and trusted Ticket Factory and tickets are on sale now – go to www.xinthecity.co.uk to get yours today.
- Spiked X in the City takes place during October half term, 22-24 October 2010 at ExCel in the heart of London
- Tickets are on sale through the website www.xinthecity.co.uk . Prices for discounted tickets bought in advance, giving you access to the event for the full 3 days are: £15 for adults, £10 for kids (up to age 16), students and OAPs, £40 for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, and £100 for a group of 10. Kids under the age of 5 get free access if accompanied by a paying adult. The individual tickets include a free copy of Spiked magazine. Tickets will be available on the door at full price, subject to availability
- The Ticket Factory will be handling ticket sales on behalf of X in the City Limited. The Ticket Factory is also the official box office of the LG Arena, The NIA and The NEC in Birmingham as well as hundreds of events at venues across the United Kingdom. Since its launch as a national ticketing agent in October 2007, The Ticket Factory has continued to broaden its market by providing ticketing services to key national events. Self-service ticket kiosks and 24-hour opening are just two of the recent developments in response to the increasing demand for tickets to live events and extensive market research.
- The Ticket Factory is a member of STAR – the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers – demonstrating to customers that they are buying tickets from a trusted source.
- Spiked X in the City is all about engagement, inclusion and involvement in urban action sports.
- Key messages, goals and the ethos focus around the event are social inclusion, building confidence and promoting a healthy lifestyle through urban action sports.
- The action will focus around 8 main zones: Ride & Roll, Freestyle, Water, Art of Combat, Rock & Roller, Snow, Parkour and Cage Cricket.
- The event is organised by John ‘J Dogg’ Sanders. John is an experienced event specialist, former event director for the industry trade show ‘Excite’ and former director of two industry trade associations, with a passion for exciting and creative events.
- The event is partnered up with and supported by over 20 leading urban, action and extreme sports associations including : the British Elastic Rope Sports Association, the Jetski Racing Association, the UK Gravity Sports Association, the UK Freestyle Skaters Association (UKFSA), UK Ultimate (UKU), the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA), Uniwake, the All Terrain Boarding Association (ATBA), Parkour UK , the UK Slalom Skateboard Association (UKSSA), the British Snowboard Association (BSA) and the Freestyle Football Federation (F3).
- Confirmed partners to date include Spiked, Kiteworld, Kingdom, Europeskate.com, Fidget Stick, Streets United, South Coast Communications UK, Extreme Soul Business, IKSURFMAG, IMBIKEMAG, Skateboard UK (SK8UK) and Naked Racing (NPS4X).
- Charities supported by Spiked X in the City include Sea Shepherd, Live Life then Give Life, Snowcamp and London Youth