Derek and the Dominos’ Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs Turns 40!
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs achieved gold-album status within months of its release in late 1970, was entered into the Grammy® Hall of Fame in 2000, and today remains a ubiquitous entry in various “Top 100” and “All-Time Greatest” polls, and “Must Hear” lists.
To be released April 26, 2011, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs: The 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition is a multi-format collection offering an appropriately comprehensive salute to this iconic album and the band that created it. This set features the original double-disc album in both digital and vinyl formats, expanded to include newly remastered tracks, and a treasure trove of music. It is now available to pre-order in the official Eric Clapton store! US residents, pre-order by April 16th to receive your box set on or around release date.
|Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs: The 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition
**EC ACCESS Members Receive 10% off List Price! Learn more and join at ecaccess.cc
This super deluxe limited edition box set Includes:
- 4 CDs including:
• Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs newly remastered with outtakes.
• The two tracks produced by Phil Spector in early summer 1970 that amounted to the first release by Derek and the Dominos: “Tell the Truth” and “Roll It Over,” the A- and B-side of a single that was quickly pulled from circulation by the group.
• All four audio performances from Derek and the Domino’s sole, historic television appearance on The Johnny Cash Show, November 9, 1970 – including Clapton’s famous jam on “Matchbox Blues” with Cash and rockabilly legend Carl Perkins.
• The Layla session out-take “Mean Old World”: the legendary acoustic duet performed by Eric Clapton and Duane Allman.
• An expanded 2-CD set of Derek and the Dominos: In Concert, recorded at the Fillmore East and remastered from the original master tapes.
- Audio only DVD featuring DTS 5.1 and Dolby Surround 5.1 versions of Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, mixed by legendary engineer Elliot Scheiner.
- High-fidelity, 180-gram reproduction of the original vinyl double album, remastered directly from the original UK album masters, featuring slightly alternate mixes of some songs.
- A hardcover book, artfully designed with rare and never-seen photographs, and featuring four meticulously researched essays by noted music historian and author Ashley Kahn fashioned from new interviews with Bobby Whitlock, Allman Brothers drummer Butch Trucks, engineer Andy Johns, producer Albhy Galuten, guitarist Derek Trucks; plus historic interviews with Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and producer Tom Dowd.
- Facsimiles of Derek and the Dominos concert tickets and various promotional items, including the famous “Derek is Eric” button created to assure fans of the identity of the group’s
lead singer and guitarist.
- Pop-up 3-D artwork and a high quality Layla art print based on the oil painting that graced the original album cover – “La Fille Au Bouquet” by Emile Theodore Frandsen de Schomberg – which has achieved cultural significance in its own right.
For other exclusive limited edition Eric Clapton merchandise, visit the official Eric Clapton online store.